The Secret to Beautiful Skin
The skin gets exposed to a lot of pollution and intense sunlight. It deserves to be taken care of properly. In case, you belong to the class of people who do not have time but still want to care for their skin, these basic tips are for you.
Tips For Healthy Skin
Protect your skin from the sun: The best way to protect your skin is to shield it from intense sunlight. Excessive exposure to the sun over a long period can cause wrinkles, and age spots and increase the risk of cancer. To protect yourself from the sun, you must do the following;
- Use sunscreen: Apply sunscreen generously if you are about to enter the sun. It will shade your skin from the effects of the intense ultraviolet rays from the sun. Apply sunscreen every two hours or more, if you are perspiring profusely.
- Wear Protective Gear: You should try as much as possible to wear clothes that cover the skin. Long-sleeved shirts, trousers, and caps may do enough to shade your skin from the sun.
- Stay under shade: If possible, you should avoid staying under direct sunlight from around 10 am to 4 pm. These are the most intense periods of sunlight and overexposure may not be healthy for your skin.
Avoid smoking: Smoking is a great contributor to wrinkling of the skin. It makes the skin look old. Smoking narrows the blood vessels that supply blood to the skin. This reduces blood supply to the skin and causes it to look pale. Smoking destroys collagen and elastin, the fibers that give the skin strength and elasticity. This may lead to a collapse of facial skin and infolding which is called wrinkles. Smoking also increases the risk of skin cancer. Smokers don't have healthy skin. To improve your skin, you should avoid smoking.
Eat healthy meals: Healthy foods have a direct impact on the skin, making it look healthy. Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole foods will help you maintain your skin health. A diet that is rich in minerals, oils, and proteins will help you develop healthy skin.
Avoid stress: Stress is another major factor that can make the skin sensitive. Stress has been known to result in outbreaks of acne and other assorted skin conditions. To get healthy skin, you must be ready to give your body enough rest. Get enough sleep and make time for things you love to do. This way, you are not only improving your lifestyle. Even your skin will benefit from it.
The skin should be treated gently: Taking care of the skin and keeping it clean doesn't translate into roughly scrubbing the skin. To treat the skin gently, you must be ready to do all of these;
- Limit time spent in the bathroom. Hot water and long baths remove the necessary oils in the skin. Instead of hot water, you should rather opt for warm water.
- Use soft-scented soaps. Use soaps that are not coarse on the skin. Strong soaps can remove oil from the skin.
- Always shave carefully to avoid nicking the skin.
- Gently pat the skin dry after a shower. Do not scrub your skin with a towel.
- Always moisturize your skin.
Doing all of these will improve your skin appearance without really spending time on skincare routines.
← Older post
Newer post →